So, here we go...
The first project I completed was a set of pillows for my new sectional (which came in the day before my son's first birthday party to which we had invited 40 people!). I used Joel Dewberry's Ginseng fabric, which I have been dying to use since it came out. I bought pillow forms and made envelope style pillow cases (that way if I change my mind later, or some designer comes out with something I like better, I just have to make another set of cases).
When I showed my aunt the super awesome fabric I would be using for pillows, she instantly declared she wanted a bag made from that fabric.
Then I tackled the two dresses I wanted to make my niece
for Christmas. For the first dress, I used a Robert Kaufman print...I love damask and my sister's favorite color combination (which she used in her wedding) is pink and black. I used a Butterick pattern that I adapted to fit her size and also added the banding at the bottom and made it sleeveless.
For the second dress, I used a fun Alexander Henry print and just patterned a very basic jumper. I am hoping that she can use them as dresses with tights and/or leggings and long sleeve shirts this winter and then as dresses in the summer and I think I left enough room that in the fall they can be long, oversized shirts she can pair with leggings. I am having a fellow EtsyMom team member (and seamstress) make matching headbands. You can check out WeezaWear's Etsy shop for some great items!
So, hopefully, that will bring us up-to-date. I have several projects awaiting my attention: I am assembling a blanket for friend for Christmas, I have 2 no-sew fleece blankets to make for gifts, and several blankets to be made for my Etsy shop. I also have some lovely fabric that wants to be an apron.