Monday, May 4, 2009

It's May!!!!

Yay! Spring is here and summer is on it's way! The occasional cool day will not deter the uplifted spirits in our house as the kids can FINALLY play outside!!! I recently started offering printed fabric labels in my shop (after needing some myself and finding them pretty reasonable to make) and they are selling like hotcakes!!! I am amazed! I'm actually considering opening a second shop because now if you want to look through my sold items for examples of sewing things I have done, you have to wade through pages of label orders!

Anyway, I haven't been doing a ton of sewing...I patterned a new apron that I am still working on. I made one and have made some adjustments and I have the next on cut and sitting down in the sewing cave waiting to come to life!







I recently did a set of pillows for a customer using the Anna Maria Horner's Drawing Room fabric that was used on the porch swing cushions I did around Easter and they are sooo cute that the customer has already asked me to make her valances to match.








Don't miss out on the It's In The Bag Giveaway...you can click the button on the right for all the details.
I signed up to sell at an open air French Market in town this summer! There are six venues...I signed up for the first and am going to see how it goes on possibly doing one more. If you live in Illinois (in the Northern part of the state or the Chicagoland area), here is the link with all the details. Three French Hens

Beyond that, I just received an order of a couple t-shirts. I want to embellish one to go with the blue/lime Amy Butler skirt I made my daughter (I really wasn't happy with the shirt I made so...)
Enjoy your day!

No comments: