Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"Feels Like I'm Falling For Fall...."

For those of you with pre-schoolers, you may recognize the title as the lyrics from Moose A. Moose's fall song on Noggin (It runs through my head all day!)  But it is so befitting of the lovely weekend we had this past weekend which we capped off on Sunday with a family trip to a local state park for a picnic and a hike.  Most leaves were just barely starting to turn, but some were in full color and falling down, down, down.  We made a game of who could find the most colors and we collected leaves for a scrapbook.  We even found a fuzzy caterpillar!  And my kids, my city kids who don't always know the difference between a horse and cow, got to see horses on the trails! (I grew up on a farm and we now live in town and I am constantly amazed at how much of a city kid my daughter is.)  

1 comment:

cinnamonspice said...

I so can not get that song out of my head!! My kids love it! Sounds like you had a lovely family outing.