Sunday, August 17, 2008

Black and White




I finished them!  I made a skirt for myself from a white cotton twill with a Michael Miller accent band and a coordinating dress from my daughter from black with the Michael Miller accents.  I have no background in garment construciton, so I used McCall's patterns for both pieces, altering as needed to get the right feel with the accents. 
Wrong time of day inside for pictures, however, I think you get the idea....
I will be pairing the skirt with a black shirt with the same neckline in my daughter's dress and the same cap sleeves.  We are having pictures of our family, extended family, done next week as a birthday gift for my grandma.  My hubby and son will be wearing white shirts with black pants.  (I thought about making them ties from the MM fabric, but I needed to have thought of that earlier, because I don't have the time to do that).
So...this coming week, my goal is to make a messenger style diaper bag with matching accessories from the same Michael  Miller fabric family that I used in the dress.  And, I have enough scraps that I am going to try my hand at a quilt (or maybe just a patchwork minky).
Enjoy this beautiful day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMGoodness! So completely adorable! Great fabric combinations with the hint of the print. CUTE!