Friday, August 15, 2008

It's My Party!

I promise I will eventually blog about sewing...that is what I intended this to be.  But, today was my birthday and it was such a nice day I had to share.  My best friend drove to town with her brand new baby girl and we went to lunch (she gave me Gingher dressmaker's shears engraved with my name...how sweet!).  Then my hubby came home from work and he took our 4 year old daughter to the store (always the last minute shopper) to get what I assumed would be my birthday card.  With the baby napping and them out of the house, I actually got down to the basement to sew.  They were gone a really long time and when they came home I was instructed to stay in the basement (a present in itself).  When I came up, they had a cake with candles, party hats (Dora the Explorer), cards and presents (one of which was a "Monkey Sock" that I "could share with" my daughter since I'm "not a kid").  It was a lovely evening and next week as part of my birthday, we are sending the baby to grandma's and taking my daughter to see the Backyardigan's live!  
On a sewing note, I did get my skirt done (not my best work because I'm tired and I really "needed" to finish something, so corner's were cut, etc, etc)  I will post pictures when I finish the dress for my daughter that will coordinate with it.  

No comments: